Sunday, August 3, 2014

Being the Person You Want to Be

Aloha all,

Have you ever wanted to be a better person, to give great service, but sometimes felt blocked?  I certainly did!   As a child, my parents taught me that I needed to "help" others, in other words, to be of  "good service,"  I wanted to help, however, I did not believe I had enough good qualities to be helpful.  I sometimes felt too shy, too selfish, too angry, too insecure, etc. to be able to give good service.

Although, I did pursue "helping" professions as I grew older ( i.e., elementary education, counseling & guidance, psychology), I always wanted to do and be more.   I often attended various workshops and classes to learn more and to grow as a person.  Late one evening,  I turned on the television and saw a documentary about a beautiful spiritual mother.  The show touched me and I shared with someone I respected how I wanted to be like this woman - so loving, warm, happy, open hearted, able to help heal others. The person whom I shared this with said something like, " Well, you have to be born that way." I was devastated!  I felt so sad that no matter what I did to improve myself, there would be limits on how "good" I could be and thus how much I could serve.

However, I have since found great hope!  I feel extremely grateful and blessed that I have learned (and am continuing to learn) how to transform my many blockages to be able to give greater service and to be more of the person I want to be.  I am most appreciative that I have had several wonderful teachers from various fields, cultures, and spiritual traditions who have helped me.  I am especially grateful to my current teachers, Dr. & Master Zhi Gang Sha and his Worldwide Representatives.  They serve as tremendous role models of great unconditional universal service!

Since following Dr. & Master Sha's teachings and practices, receiving various services, and just by being in the presence of Dr. & Master Sha and his Worldwide Representatives, I have noticed a HUGE change in my confidence, compassion, wisdom, service, and more (just doing this blog is a great example of my change.  I considered myself a shy, private person who would not even imagine doing a blog or participating in type of social media)!

This blog will reflect my journey to provide greater good service to all souls and thus becoming more of the person I want to be.  I hope to include strategies, tips, insights, resources, experiences and more that can also help others become the person they want to be - whether it is to be happier, healthier, more confident, and/or to also be of greater service!  Please join me on this journey!

Please feel free to comment, ask questions, and let me know how I can better serve you!

In love and gratitude and in humble service,

Laurie

3 comments:

  1. Aloha Laurie! Thank you for your blog, I really look forward to being on this journey with you towards greater service. I resonate with your words deeply as I have had similar thoughts growing up. I can't wait to follow your posts. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting Lily! I am so happy to have you accompany me on our journeys towards greater service! Much love and gratitude! Aloha, Laurie

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete